When I speak on networking, one question I am always asked is “when will I get results?”
I find it an interesting question because the answer can be determined by various factors controlled by YOU! Here are some…
- Why do you network? When you have no target it will be difficult to measure results.
- Are you a member of a network group that is aligned with your networking objectives? You have to know the make up of your networking groups. Are they Consumers, Reporters or Investors. This will help you craft your pitch appropriately. (Refer to last week’s Digest for definitions on the 3)
- Do you participate consistently at the groups you are a member in? No matter how good your excuse is for missing a meeting, it can never make up for results. Create time to participate and ensure your prioritize your network meetings. It is part of your marketing strategy. You do not show up, do not expect results!
- Do you add value to the members in your networking groups? What goes round, comes around. Expecting something for nothing is a sure recipe for failure.
- What is your LQ? (Likablity Quotient) As in do you go out of your way to meet the members one on one? Staying in your comfort zone with people like you is a stealer of greatness. Take the initiative to meet every one in your group and you will enjoy amazing results.
Networking is a process and its activities should be part of your daily routine because your actions will determine your results. When you put in 50% effort and 50% excuses, do not expect a 100% results. Networking success is dependent on you!
To your success and for God’s glory!